Thursday, April 25, 2013

Blooming

Spring jumped out of nowhere and came on full force this past week. It smells heavenly on the farm; the lilacs and cherry blossoms are in full bloom. The tulips are up. My bleeding hearts and lilies of the valley all have flowers on them.

Expectant mothers are around every corner. The birds have built their nests and are sitting on their eggs. The geese at the pond have an egg they are eagerly waiting to see hatch. Baby bunnies and baby mice have been seen scampering around.

Even the young snakes have been seen.

Yep, spring is here...now I'd just wish the weather would realize it! I have another frost alert tonight, so I'm covering plants and wearing a sweater!

But I'm trying to appreciate this cooler weather because before too long its going to be hot and I'll be longing for the cool temps of April.


No comments:

Post a Comment